3. Text Alignment Tools with Kupu Editor
Text Alignment Tools
I. Aligning Text:
|Text alignment(left, center, right justified).|
1. The buttons in the Toolbar controlling text alignment
are the same as in Microsoft Word. The alignment icons are the group of three icons in the tool bar that show a series of six horizontal lines positioned to the Left, Center and Right. The default alignment is Left aligned.
- To change the alignment, use your mouse cursor to select the text to be moved.
- Select the desired position from the icon in the toolbar (Left, Center or Right)
II. Creating Lists:
Ordered and Bulleted Lists
- Note: Unlike word processors, Kupu does not support separate list types for nested lists. If you change the bullet or ordering style of a nested list, the new style is applied to all levels of the entire list. Although complex outlines cannot easily be created, simplicity is best for screen reading.
1. You can add ordered lists by clicking on the icon with the small numerals (1,2,3) followed by horizonal lines. When the Enter key is pressed, a new number will appear.
- Alternatively, to add numbering to existing text, select the text to be numbered, then click on the numbered list icon. Note: numerals will appear at points that the Enter key was pressed.
2. To add unordered, bulleted lists, click on the icon with the three small boxes next to three short horizontal lines. When the Enter key is pressed, a new box will appear. Note: Pressing the Enter key twice will end bulleted formatting.
- Alternatively, you can add bullets to existing text by selecting the text to be bulleted, then clicking on the bulleting icon.
3. To create a definition list, click on the icon showing short horizontal lines followed by longer horizontal lines (located next to the bulleting icon).
|Insert a definition list.|
The first line typed will appear in bold. When the Enter key is pressed, the next line will be indented and the text will appear Normal. Pressing Enter will give you another bold line.
III. Other Text Alignment Tools:
1. To return formated text to the default, left-alligned, normal-font text, use your mouse cursor to select the text to be un-formatted, then click on the Decrease Quote Level icon (the icon showing a blue arrow pointing to the left followed by bolded, horizontal bars). Text that is typed after this icon has been selected will be in the default format.
2. Clicking the Increase Quote Level icon (the icon showing a blue arrow pointing to the right followed by bolded, horizontal bars) offsets text in a colored box. This icon performs the same function as the "Literal" text tool (see the above, Editing Text instructions).