|The original steering group that supported the creation and evolution of HLA was composed of:
- Martijn Blansjaar, Oxfam-GB
- Jean-Christophe Crespel, La Guilde
- Erland Egiziano, Action Contre La Faim (ACF)
- George Fenton, World Vision International
- Mike Goodhand, British Red Cross
- Paul Molinaro, UNICEF
- Martin Ohlsen, World Food Programme
- Marin Tomas, International Medical Corps
- Carsten Voelz, CARE International
- Mitsuko Mizushima, Fritz Institute
- Edita Nichols, Fritz Institute
The Steering Group was subsequently replaced by the Advisory Committee (now being revised - further information will be posted). HLA’s day to day affairs are overseen by the HLA Board of Trustees, which is also responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organisation.
Following initial support from Fritz Institute, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport UK (CILT) kindly offered to host the HLA office.
Since inception, the HLA has relied on the services of a range of dedicated volunteers, without whom the Association would not be where it is today.